PlayWorks Therapy, Inc. offers initial evaluations and ongoing treatment for children birth to eighteen years of age with gross motor delays, balance and coordination impairments, gait abnormalities, strength deficits, musculoskeletal injuries, and neurological impairments. Our physical therapists hold doctoral degrees, APTA membership, a State of Illinois professional license, and their Early Intervention Credential.
Through our collaborative process, our therapists work closely with parents and caregivers to develop the most effective therapeutic plan to support your child’s personalized goals. Individual therapy sessions are play-based and combine aspects of child-directed and adult-directed therapy models. Sessions occur in our clinic, or your child’s preschool/daycare, elementary school, or home.
Our therapists have experience and knowledge treating children with a variety of delays and disorders. Areas of expertise include:
- Neurological disorders including: Cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, spina bifida, traumatic brain injuries, hemiplegia and quadriplegia, spinal cord injuries, and others
- Genetic syndromes including: Down syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Angelman syndrome, Sotos syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, and others
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Toe walking
- Seizure disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Motor Planning (Apraxia)
- Post tone management procedures including: post selective dorsal rhizotomy, tendon lengthening or transferring, Botox, serial casting
- Orthopedic injuries
- Muscle weakness
- Club foot
- Balance concerns
A physical therapy evaluation may be warranted if your child:
- Is behind in his/her gross motor milestones (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking)
- Prefers to turn his/her head only to one side
- Demonstrates muscle weakness or imbalances
- Frequently walks on tiptoes
- Decreased overall coordination and/or balance
- Has difficulty keeping up with his/her same age peers (running, jumping, stairs, ball skills)
- Is recovering from an injury or surgical procedure of the lower body
- Has been given a neurological or genetic diagnosis
- Has pain in his/her joints or muscles with regular activity
Our team of Physical Therapists includes:
Click on the therapist’s name above to learn more about their professional background, experience, and personal info.
If you are interested in learning more about our physical therapy services or to set up your first appointment, please contact us at (773) 332-9439 or fill out our contact us form.