PlayWorks Therapy Inc. offers initial evaluations and ongoing treatment for children birth to twelve years of age with sensory and regulatory challenges, motor coordination delays, self-help skill deficits, and executive functioning concerns. Our occupational therapists hold master’s degrees, AOTA membership, a State of Illinois professional license, and their Early Intervention Credential.
Through our collaborative process, our therapists work closely with parents and caregivers to develop the most effective therapeutic plan to support your child’s personalized goals. Individual therapy sessions are play-based and combine aspects of child-directed and adult-directed therapy models. Sessions occur in our clinic, or your child’s preschool/daycare, elementary school, or home.
Our therapists have experience and knowledge treating children with a variety of delays and disorders. Areas of expertise include:
• Sensory processing and regulation
• Fine motor (including handwriting, grasping, and visual motor skills)
• Executive functioning (including problem solving, sequencing, planning, organizing, working memory, and emotional control)
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Social-emotional challenges
• Self-help skills
• Motor Planning (Apraxia)
• Feeding (sensory and oral-motor)
• Behavioral challenges
• Prematurity (e.g. low tone, positioning, motor delays)
• Down syndrome
• Genetic or neurological disorders
How do I know if my child needs an occupational therapy evaluation?
An occupational therapy evaluation may be beneficial if your child:
• Seeks sensory input (e.g. increased need for physical play, toe-walking, difficulty understanding physical boundaries with peers or adults)
• Avoids sensory input (e.g. covers ears, avoids clothing textures, distressed when hands or body gets messy)
• Demonstrates difficulty completing two-handed tasks or difficulty manipulating small toys
• Has messy handwriting or demonstrates difficulty holding a crayon or pencil
• Demonstrates a decreased attention span, increased impulsivity, or difficulty sitting still
• Falls down often or frequently bumps into objects
• Requires increased time to complete simple tasks
• Demonstrates difficulty transitioning, inflexible thinking, or decreased frustration tolerance
Our team of Occupational Therapists includes:
Jennifer Brown, MS, OTR/L, Director of Occupational Therapy Services
Natalie Machado, MS, OTR/L, Assistive Technology Coordinator
Robyn Geist, MS, OTR/L, Continuing Education Coordinator
Caroline Stevens, MS, OTR/L, Therapy Resource Coordinator
Caitlin Chociej, MS, OTR/L
Urooba Khaleelullah, MOT, OTR/L
Click on the therapist’s name above to learn more about their professional background, experience, and personal info.
If you are interested in learning more about our occupational therapy services or to set up your first appointment, please contact us at (773) 332-9439 or fill out our contact us form.