Our occupational therapists support sensory and regulatory needs, motor coordination delays, fine motor skills, visual motor integration, activities of daily living, and executive functioning. With the family's priorities in mind, our occupational therapists will work collaboratively with you and your child to help you achieve your goals.
Our therapists have experience and knowledge working with children with a variety of concerns including:
- Sensory processing and regulation
- Fine motor (including handwriting, grasping, visual motor, and visual perceptual skills)
- Executive functioning (including problem solving, impulse control, sequencing, planning, organizing, working
memory, and emotional control)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Social-emotional challenges
- Activities of daily living/Self-help skills
- Motor planning (Apraxia)
- Behavioral challenges
- Prematurity (e.g. low tone, positioning, motor delays)
- Down syndrome
- Genetic or neurological disorders
How do I know if my child needs an occupational therapy evaluation?
An occupational therapy evaluation may be beneficial if your child:
- Seeks sensory input (e.g. increased need for physical play, toe-walking, difficulty understanding physical boundaries with peers or adults)
- Avoids sensory input (e.g. covers ears, avoids clothing textures, distressed when hands or body gets messy)
- Demonstrates difficulty completing two-handed tasks or difficulty manipulating small toys
- Has messy handwriting or demonstrates difficulty holding a crayon or pencil
- Demonstrates a decreased attention span, increased impulsivity, or difficulty sitting still
- Falls down often or frequently bumps into objects
- Requires increased time to complete simple tasks
- Demonstrates difficulty transitioning, inflexible thinking, or decreased frustration tolerance
If you are interested in learning more about our occupational therapy services or to set up your first appointment, please contact us at (773) 332-9439 or fill out our contact us form.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering an intensive therapy program for children with neurologically-based impairments. During this three week program, your child will receive physical and occupational therapy for a combined three hours of therapy each day, four days per week (M-Th). Each individualized daily session is composed of 90 minutes of physical therapy and 90 minutes of occupational therapy.