PlayWorks Therapy Inc. offers initial evaluation and ongoing treatment for children birth to twelve years of age with communication delays and disorders, as well as feeding challenges. Our Speech and Language pathologists hold master’s degrees in the field of Speech and Language Pathology, ASHA Membership, a State of Illinois professional license, and their Early Intervention credential.
Through our collaborative therapy process, our therapists work closely with parents and caregivers to develop the most effective therapeutic plan to support your child’s personalized speech, language, and/or feeding goals. Individual therapy sessions are play-based and combine aspects of child-led and adult-directed therapy models. Therapy sessions occur in our clinic, at preschool or elementary school, at daycare, or in your home.
Our therapists have experience and knowledge treating a variety of speech, language, and feeding difficulties, including:
- Expressive and/or receptive language delays
- Motor-planning challenges, such as Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Articulation/phonological disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Social language deficits
- Fluency/stuttering disorder
- Auditory and/or language processing
- Down syndrome
- Voice disorders
- Hearing impairment
- Cleft palate or other craniofacial anomalies
- Feeding concerns (sensory or oral motor)
How do I know if my child needs a speech and language evaluation?
Your child may need a speech and language evaluation if:
- They are difficult to understand
- They are not yet imitating sounds or words
- They are not yet saying enough words or combining words independently
- They are not yet using appropriate sentence structure
- They have difficulty following directions and/or answering simple questions
- They have difficulty communicating in social settings
- They “get stuck” on sounds, words, or phrases
- They have a limited repertoire of food types and food groups
Our team of Speech-Language Pathologists includes:
Autumn Smith, MS, CCC-SLP, Director of Speech and Language Services
Therese Brown, MS, CCC-SLP
Claire Hacker, MS, CCC-SLP
Sarah Lydon, MA, CCC SLP, Social Media Coordinator
Ana Burgoon, MS, CCC-SLP, Assistive Technology Coordinator
Kelsey Martin, MS, CCC-SLP
Jackie Donahue, MS, CCC-SLP
Emma Baime, MS, CF-SLP
Nicole Sherlock, MA, CCC-SLP
Click on the therapist’s name above to learn more about their professional background, experience, and personal info.
If you are interested in learning more about our speech therapy services or to set up your first appointment, please contact us at (773) 332-9439 or fill out our contact us form.